Here are a few tips on how to keep your dress looking its best:
Before the Wedding:
- If the bodice of the dress is stuffed with cardboard and tissue, keep the tissue in place until just before you’re ready to wear it, this will help prevent wrinkling.
- When hanging your wedding gown, make sure to hang it by the loops inside the gown which are connected to sturdy side seams. This will help prevent the stretching or sagging that can be caused by hanging a gown by fragile shoulder seams.
- Don’t store your dress in a plastic bag, vacuum sealed bag, or plastic wrapped container. The plastic emits fumes that could yellow your gown and trap in moisture and mildew.
After the Wedding:
- Take your gown to be preserved by a professional cleaner as soon as possible after the wedding. This will help prevent stains from becoming permanent. You can contact me, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions about preserving your wedding gown at Anton’s Cleaners.
- If you know the origin of any stains, be sure to alert your dry cleaner.
- Never store your bridal gown in the attic or basement where there are extreme changes in temperature or humidity.