Search Results for: coats for kids
The 17th annual Coats for Kids drive has come to a close and we’re happy to report that we warmed over 56,000 families’ hearts this winter with generous coats donations from our many loyal Anton’s customers and community partners. We could not make such an impact without your help and we also want to recognize the over 240 schools, 150 companies, 150 community groups, and 85 distribution partners that helped make this all possible. We look forward to providing a final drive wrap up that can be found here in the coming weeks.
Despite the warm weather, the demand for coats this holiday season is high. To learn more about Coats for Kids, please click here.
After you donate a coat, please tell your Facebook friends by sharing this CFK badge on your wall. One lucky winner will receive free drycleaning from Anton’s Cleaners! Click here for More Details
Here are a few simple tips on how to properly care for your favorite coat:
- When cleaning your coat, follow the care label for the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Be sure to immediately treat any stains by blotting the stain (never rub the stain). The longer dirt or stains sit on the fabric of your coat, the more difficult it will be to remove.
- If you regularly wear perfume or hair spray, be sure to apply before putting on your coat, as these products may be harmful and stain the coat.
- To prevent staining on the collar from make-up and natural oils in your hair and skin, wear a scarf.
- Avoid carrying shoulder bags that are heavy or dyed. Heavy bags can wear on the coat and dyes may leave visible stains.
- To help maintain its shape, hang your coat on a well-padded or sturdy wooden hanger.
- When checking your coat at an event, turn it inside out for hanging. This way, if anything spills or rubs off on your coat, the lining will bear the stain rather than the exterior.
- If your coat gets wet, hang it in a well-ventilated area to let it air dry
- When taking your coat to a dry cleaner, point out any dirt and oil stains you have noticed on the on the collar or cuffs.
On Wednesday, June 12th, over 350 people gathered at the UMASS Lowell Inn & Conference Center for Hearts Warmed. Hearts Warmed was a celebration of Anton’s Cleaners 100 years in business, honoring Arthur C. Anton, Sr., as well as a fundraising effort for Caring Partners, Inc., a 501c(3) tax-exempt organization. The event raised nearly $210,000 from individual ticket sales, sponsors, and donations, with proceeds benefiting the nonprofit.
Caring Partners develops and implements programs to collect and distribute good-quality articles of clothing to children, individuals, and families in need. Serving Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire, Caring Partners presently sponsors two annual programs, Belle of the Ball in the spring, and Coats for Kids in the fall.
For more pictures of the event, please click here.
Photos by Meghan Moore/Megpix
For more information how Caring Partners, Inc or to make a monetary donation, please visit the Caring Partners website at www.caringpartnersinc.org
Caring Partners Inc. is a 501c(3) organization that develops and implements programs to collect and distribute good quality articles of clothing to children, individuals and families in need. Serving Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire, Caring Partners presently sponsors two annual programs, Belle of the Ball in the spring and Coats for Kids in the fall.
Honoring: Arthur C. Anton Senior
Hearts Warmed will honor Arthur C. Anton Senior for his vision, compassion and devotion to giving back to the communities we serve. All proceeds will benefit Caring Partners Inc., the 501c(3) tax exempt organization that operates the Coats for Kids and Belle of the Ball programs.
Arthur became president of Anton’s Cleaners in the 1960s with his brothers Socrates and Alexander. Together, they guided the company’s explosive growth, while maintaining a passion for unparalleled customer service and clothing care excellence.
Arthur’s success has been a direct reflection of the person that he is; a family man with a deep rooted connection to his Greek heritage and the Church.
The event will take place on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at the UMASS Lowell Inn and Conference Center. Cocktail Hour will begin at 6:00pm, followed by a seated dinner. Tables and Individual tickets are available for sale. All proceeds will benefit Caring Partners, Inc a 501c(3) tax deductible organization. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Directions to UMASS Lowell Inn & Conference Center
From the Lowell Connector
From 93N (Boston, Logan Airport)
From 93 S
From Route 128/95
From Route 3
Anton’s Cleaners was presented with the 2012 Community Excellence Award by the Family Business Association, a non-profit organization created to honor family businesses and recognize excellence at the annual awards program. The award recognized Anton’s Cleaners for our ongoing community relations programs,Coats for Kids and Belle of the Ball.Anton’s believes in leveraging the resources of the company to assist those in need, which is why we have donated over $10,000,000 in clothing care services since Coats for Kids began in 1995 and Belle of the Ball began in 2005.