Archives for February 2018
A luxurious fiber, cashmere doesn’t need to be high maintenance if you wear and care for it properly. Here are five tips to consider when preserving these high-end sweaters.
- Make sure you know what you’re caring for. Due to a popularization of cashmere in the past few years, we have seen an influx of substandard product on the market. For this reason, you should purchase your sweaters from a reputable company and check the label to ensure it is 100% cashmere.
- Don’t spray yourself with perfume while wearing cashmere because it will eventually discolor the garment.
- Extra yarn usually comes with a good cashmere purchase and it should be saved.
- Fold sweaters with tissue and store flat in a drawer or on a closet shelf.
- If the sweater is stained, have it dry cleaned as soon as possible so stains don’t set.
Now collecting like-new, trendy gowns at all Anton’s locations through 4/1! Belle of the Ball cleans and distributes prom dresses and provides related accessories at no charge to high school junior and senior girls who would otherwise not have the opportunity to attend their school’s prom. Want to get involved? Proms are expensive and our participants need more than a beautiful dress. Financial donations are needed in order to purchase shoes, jewelry, handbags, makeup, and other accessories. 100% of the proceeds go directly towards purchasing accessories for participants for the 2018 season. To make a monetary donation, visit here.
Suits are a wardrobe staple for both men and women. When it comes to buying a suit, you generally invest in something of good quality because you plan on wearing it for years to come. A well cared for suit can last for several years, looking as good as it did the day you bought it.
Here are a few tips that can help extend the life of your suit:
- Make space in your wardrobe to allow your suit jackets to hang nicely without creasing.
- Use a good wooden hanger to store your suit. A cedar wood hanger will also work as a repellant for predators, such as moths, and absorb moisture.
- Refrain from forcefully rubbing on stains or dirt, as this could embed it into the fabric.
- Don’t overload your pockets, it will strain the seams.
- To limit the amount of pull on the fabric of your suit, unbutton your jacket and slightly pull up your pants/skirt when sitting down.
- Use a clothes brush to brush the suit after wearing. This will help remove dirt and lint buildup and rejuvenate the wool, preventing it from shining.
- If the weather is rainy or humid, wait 24 hours before hanging your suit in the closet. This will help dry up any moisture.
- To ensure color consistency, clean all of the pieces of your suit at the same time.
- Be conscious of how you carry a briefcase, purse, or backpack, as the weight can cause the fabric of your suit to shine and distort the shoulder pad area