Archives for February 2018
A luxurious fiber, cashmere doesn’t need to be high maintenance if you wear and care for it properly. Here are five tips to consider when preserving these high-end sweaters.
- Make sure you know what you’re caring for. Due to a popularization of cashmere in the past few years, we have seen an influx of substandard product on the market. For this reason, you should purchase your sweaters from a reputable company and check the label to ensure it is 100% cashmere.
- Don’t spray yourself with perfume while wearing cashmere because it will eventually discolor the garment.
- Extra yarn usually comes with a good cashmere purchase and it should be saved.
- Fold sweaters with tissue and store flat in a drawer or on a closet shelf.
- If the sweater is stained, have it dry cleaned as soon as possible so stains don’t set.
Thank you for all who donated to the 14th annual Belle of the Ball Boutique Day was held on April 7t at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, MA where over 800 deserving young ladies were invited for an indulgent day of “prom shopping,” free of charge! Belle of the Ball cleans and distributes prom dresses and provides related accessories at no charge to high school junior and senior girls who would otherwise not have the opportunity to attend their school’s prom. We will begin accepting dresses again February 4, 2019! Want to get involved? Proms are expensive and our participants need more than a beautiful dress. Financial donations are needed in order to purchase shoes, jewelry, handbags, makeup, and other accessories. 100% of the proceeds go directly towards purchasing accessories for participants for the 2018 season. To make a monetary donation, visit here.