Thank you for supporting for the 17th annual Coats for Drive. We’re cleaning and distributing the last of the donations and calculating final totals (including school leaderboard) during the next few weeks. Over 240 schools, 150 companies and 150 community groups organized drives and we couldn’t do this without their support. Thank you again for helping warm the hearts of local families during this holiday season. Stay tuned for drive wrap-up coverage and we look forward to another successful drive starting this October.
Archives for December 2011
Antons’ Cleaners would like to wish you a very safe & happy New Year. Start the new year on the right note by taking the right measures to preserving your garments for years to come. Click here to read Arthur Anton Jr.’s annual clothing care resolutions.
Now that the holidays have come and gone, coat departments, from moderately priced chains like JC Penney and the Gap to high-end stores like Barneys and Saks Fifth Avenue, have been transformed into a sea of sale signs.
If you are in need of a winter coat to get you through the rest of the winter months, now is the time to act. Here are five tips to help you navigate winter coat racks this season:[Read more…]
- Follow clothing care instructions and will not remove clothing care labels.
- Air out my clothes, remove all jewelry or pins, empty pockets and inspect for stains before putting them away.
- Keep hair spray, perfume and lotions away from coming in contact with my clothes, as they can cause stains.
- Immediately blot, not rub stains and treat them quickly and properly, so they don’t set permanently.
- Clean matching sets, such as suits and sweaters, at the same time to maintain color consistency.
- Repair small problems, such as a loose seam opening, right away.
- Avoid crowding clothes in my closet, so they do not wrinkle unnecessarily.
- Use good quality hangers to support my clothes and keep them in shape.
- Fold knits and place in a drawer or on a shelf.
- Remove my clothes from the plastic bags from the drycleaner as they can trap moisture and cause damage.
- Clean my seasonal clothing before storing, so the insects won’t have a feast.
- Store my seasonal clothes in an area with proper air ventilation, moisture control and light exposure.
- Recycle wire hangers and plastic bags at Anton’s recycling center.